Star Wars: The Last Jedi comes out at the end of the week and I am tremendously excited for it. I don’t have a complete post for this week, but I do have a couple of Last Jedi related posts to share.
I wrote a post for Areo Magazine a few weeks ago titled “The Consumerism of Cute: How Merchandise Governs the Star Wars Franchise.” It covered how the merchandise sales affects the character design in characters like Porg and BB-8.
So before I go in, I just want to make a couple of predictions about the movie. Probably none of which are gonna be right, but let’s see:
- As I mentioned in my Rian Johnson post, I think there will be a cameo by Joseph Gordon Levitt
- Mark Hamill will give the best performance, and it will probably be the best of his career.
- Kylo Ren will save Rey from Commander Snoke.
- BB-8 and BB-9e will have a fight and it will be adorable and they’ll do a fake-out where they make you think BB-8 died, but he’s fine.
- Nothing from Rogue One will be relevant.
- We find out who Rey’s parents are.
- There’s a scene involving Carrie Fischer that makes me tear up.
Good luck avoiding spoilers on the internet, everyone. May the force be with you.